Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So this weekend I was wandering through Solvang, CA.

While wandering through the little shops there I discovered lots of things that reminded me of things growing up either from when I was a kid visiting with my grandparents or from my adult life maybe 10-12 years ago.

One of the things I saw in a store was one of those big Purple Amethyst Quartz Geodes. I've always loved those things. Mine was about 10 inches tall and around 5-6 inches wide and was a really nice purple. I love those things and especially if you can get a little tiny spot light thingy angled into them just right to make them sparkley a little. This type I think they call "Cathedral" or "Church" because it's got a base and then it has a large hollow spot in the middle and reaches up really tall forming a covered top over it.

Anyway I had mine for a little while. They're usually pretty expensive too but I happened to get it at a store liquidation sale for next to nothing. I've always loved it but when I broke up with my then girlfriend she really loved it too and I let her keep it.

I miss that rock lol...

Oh... it looked sorta like this

No comments:

Post a Comment