Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quaalude (booze)

Ok so I'm not a boozer. Rarely drink much of anything. Hate beer unless it's some sorta specialty thing and barely if that. When it comes to beer it goes in chili and soup and chowders.... I use wine in my pasta like crazy and occasionally drink a glass while chilling out.

I take all those fruity and other boozes and dump them in desserts and make sauces with them all all sorts of interesting cooking with them.

Anyway so occasionally I make a thing called a Quaalude or an "International Incident" I rather like coffee soooo it's a coffee thing. Look at the ingredients.

  • 1 part Amaretto (Sort of an Almond flavor with some fruity/vanilla notes but known mostly as almond)
  • 1 part Coffee Liqueur (Kahlua, starbucks, etc etc)
  • 1 part Frangelico (sort of Hazelnut flavored)
  • 1 part Irish Cream (Bailey's)
  • 1 part Vodka (I go for the Vanilla flavored stuff)

I usually toss in 1 part cream or milk and shake with ice blah blah strain or just dump it all in a glass.... or you can be silly and layer it.

But anyway so you get Amaretto and Hazelnut AND Vanilla (with my version) and Irish Cream with your coffee... just like you do normal coffee. Also adding some Cask and Cream "Chocolate Temptation" isnt bad either if you have it...

So anyway POINT of all this... I keep running into people and I tell them Frangelico and Amaretto and they then tell me "oh they're the same thing" am I just surrounded by people who are clueless or do people not know the Frangelico is not the same as Amaretto. Most people have had Amaretto but not the Frangelico. Maybe it's the monk with the little rope bottle that scares them....

No comments:

Post a Comment